At Machas & Partners we were delighted to be part of the 12th Annual Capital Link Sustainability Forum entitled “Can Sustainability Prevail Over Geopolitics”, which took place as an in-person event on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, under the Auspices of Attica Region, at the Grand Hyatt Athens Hotel.
Ιn today’s context, after the pandemic and amid the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, rapid climate change and the enormous economic consequences, the need for faster implementation of climate neutrality becomes urgent with the adoption of an inclusive approach to the green and digital transition. The energy crisis makes the need to adopt renewable energy sources even more urgent, while the integration of ESG criteria in investors strategies is tantamount to corporate resilience and competitive advantage in their path to growth.
In this context, our Founding Partner and Chairman, Petros Machas, had the opportunity to moderate a discussion with distinguished representatives of the Greek American community presenting their contribution to Greece. During the informed discussion entitled “The Contribution of the Greek Community”, the expert panelists addressed all key issues as well as initiatives from the Greek community that contribute to Sustainable Development and Social and Economic Transformation in order to achieve the common goal, which is none other than Sustainability.
Petros was honored to moderate the discussion with his distinguished speakers:
- Yannis Smyrlis, Secretary General for International Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Prof. John Chrysoulakis, Secretary General for Greeks Abroad and Public Diplomacy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Leonidas Raptakis, State Representative, Rhode Island – USA, President of World Hellenic Interparliamentary Association (WHIA)
- Niki Kalogiratou, Chief Communication Officer, Capital Ship Management Corp.
- Bill Papastergiadis, Melbourne Managing Partner, Moray & Agnew Lawyers, VMC Multicultural Commissioner, President of the Greek Community of Melbourne
The path to change has begun and it is up to us to accelerate and achieve green recovery in our lives.